This course covers
- Planning your website (Day 1 and 2)
- What is the nature of your business?
- What is the major purpose of your website?
- What is the primary message you want to convey?
- What are the specific short-term and long-term goals for your website?
- Who is your target audience and is this different to your offline customer?
- Who are your primary competitors and what are they doing online?
- How does your company differ from its competitors?
- What are the key reasons why customers choose your company?
- How is your company percieved?
- Do you already have a corporate style? If so how can you incorporate this into your website?
- Do you need a custom template or will a commercial/off the shelf template meet your requirements?
- Planning the layout of your website
- Planning your site structure
- Planning your site content and images
- Do you require any 3rd party extensions such as an onlne shop, forum, customer comments, social media etc.
- Selecting suitable 3rd party extensions
- Selecting a suitable hosting company
- Developing your website (Day 3 and 4)
- Installing and configuring Joomla
- Securing your Joomla website
- Installing and configuring any required 3rd party extensions
- Installing and configuring your Joomla template
- Basics of customising a Joomla template
- Basics of how to convert a static HTML template into a custom Joomla template
- Setting up your content structure
- Setting up your menu structure
- Adding your content and data
- Managing your website (Day 5)
- System Manager
- User Manager
- Menu Manager
- Content Manager
- Extension Manager
- Backing up your website
- Updating extensions and Joomla
- Moving your Joomla website
Duration - this is a 5 day/25 hour course which can be taken over 2 - 4 weeks.
Cost £1975.00 per person (one to one only)
Available locations: Sittingbourne Office (Kent)
Full payment is payable at the time of booking. No refund will be given if you cancel your course less than 21 days before your course date.